My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Thursday 20 October 2011

A Contribution To A Party...

So, tomorrow is our friend T's first birthday!

Happy Birthday T!!

T's mommy Ir is throwing a little party for T and all her little friends are invited, and the mommies can come too.

I asked what I could bring, because I don't like arriving empty handed, and Ir told me she had the birthday cake covered, but if I wanted to bring a dessert for the grown ups I could.

Well, I know I was supposed to bring a grown up dessert, but I couldn't help making a cute little girls birthday treat. But the adults will be the only ones eating them. Because I don't think any of the kids will actually be allowed to eat my sugar overloaded treat.

I thought all my lovely readers would like to see my creation, so without further adieu (I didn't get to use it the other day, so I'll just use it in my blog, constantly. Yeah, take that!):

Princess Wand Mallows


OK, so I didn't get a very good picture of the finished product. They are currently sitting in the cups to cool. But you kind of get the idea?

Here's how ya do it!

What ya need:


Straws (or candy sticks. I didn't have any candy sticks, so I just cut straws in half-ish)
Big red bowl
Marshmallows (Yeah for being on sale for 89 cents!)
Purple sparkles
Pink chocolate wafers

So, first you put the pink wafers in your big red bowl


Then you melt them


I just wanna say, I would normally do this on my stove, but since it was very late, and I just needed to get them done so I could go to bed, I just did it in the microwave (bad bad bad!), but whatever. Do it how you want. In the microwave I just kept heating in 30 second intervals. I think total it took about 1 and a half minutes? You have to be careful not to burn it, so take it out every 30 seconds to give it a stir.

Stove top directions. Put water in pot, boil. Put wafers in smaller pot. Put smaller pot over water that is hot (but not on the heat anymore.) Stir until melted.

So after your chocolate is melted, however you do it, cut the straws and stick a 'mallow on the end. Like so,


Sorry about the bad quality of photo. My camera is shite.

Then roll the 'mallow in the chocolate. I just did half the mallow, but you could do the whole thing if you really want to. I didn't actually take a picture of this. I thought I did.

Put sprinkles on bowl type plate.


Roll 'mallow with chocolate in sprinkles. If the chocolate is melted enough, you don't have to worry about it hardening too quickly. But, y'know, don't take like 20 minutes to do one. The chocolate will probably be hard by that point.

After you have successfully added the sprinkles to the chocolate to the 'mallow, stick 'em somewhere to harden.

And keep away from husbands. They tend to try to steal them.

The end product should look like this:



Or something like that anyway.

So, I will let you all know how they go over at the party. I hope they like them.

The only problem I have with them?

How the heck am I supposed to get them from my kitchen, to their house? Uh oh...

4 comments:

pippasmum said...

In my experience, you can never go wrong with marshmallows!

Just Another Mummy Blog said...

I'm really happy with them. What's cool about all these parties I will be going to in the next little while is that I can get all kinds of idea's for Aislynn's.

Ashley said...

They were delicious :)

Just Another Mummy Blog said...

Thanks Ashley!