So I've seen people posting this list of 50 things about them, and as you all know, I love an easy blog post. So I'm going to do it. BUT, for your added pleasure, I'm going to do an extra 30 things. 10 for Aislynn, 10 for Lorelei and 10 for my relationship with Cuinn. Giddy up!
50 things you may not know about me:
1. I don't shower everyday. In fact, I rarely shower every other day. There are times when I only shower once in a week. I loathe showering.
2. I don't like wearing socks, but I wear then all the time because...
3. ...I get an ingrown toenail on my big toe when I'm pregnant and I'm too scared to get the surgery on it again and I'm so self conscious about it.
4. I'm pretty sure onions are the most vile thing on the planet. But I put onion powder in most of my cooking.
5. Being a mom is so frustrating, exhausting, difficult and, at times, mind-numbingly boring. But I honestly am the happiest and most fulfilled I have ever been in my life. (Yea, I know it's cliche, but it's so true.)
6. More often than not, I would rather stay home in my sweatpants and watch a movie with Cuinn than go out.
7. Ice cold milk is the best drink in the world. Any other temperature is the grossest.
8. Cereal is my favorite snack ever.
9. I used to hate most things chocolate (except uk chocolate). Then I got pregnant with Lorelei. Now my favorite ice cream is chocolate peanut butter, and my go to treat is chocolate.
10. Phone calls give me small anxiety attacks. I get sweaty, my pulse races, I can't think straight and my impulse is to quickly unplug the phone. I so much prefer emails. Or texting.
11. I love polka dots. So much.
12. The thought of my kids going to school and me having to get a job I know I'll hate, depresses me.
13. I love Big Brother. And I love Amanda. She is going to win and then probably dump her nasty "fiancé" UNLESS, he wins. Then she'll marry him for the money. Y'all can hate on her as much as you want. But she's (and other girls like her) the reason that Big Brother is still going strong 15 seasons later.
14. When I was very young, I wrote a letter to the prime minister to ask him why everyone can't just have the same amount of money. Then there wouldn't be poor people and everyone would be happy. He wrote back and said, "that's sweet. But no." I still think it could work...
15. Seeing Cirque in England with my mum was an experience I will never forget. I was so overcome with emotion it was embarrassing.
16. Every time I cross something off my bucket list, I need to cry. I think it's tears of happiness, whatever it is, it feels so good.
17. I love to crochet. My friend and I even started a little home business, selling home made items.
18. I miss my lip ring so much, I'm thinking about getting it redone.
19. Roller coasters are the greatest invention of life. Carnival rides that are just circles are the worst.
20. Harry Potter is my (not so) secret addiction. I have the biggest crush on Seamus.
21. Parenthood is my tv addiction. Joel reminds me of Cuinn. Swoon.
22. Gilmore Girls is still my most favorite show though.
23. Although I rag on our tiny town quite often, I have never felt more at home or as a part of a community, as I do here.
24. I'm totally one of those people who LOVE comic book movies. But have no desire to actually read the comics. The Avengers, X-Men, TDK, Spider-Man. Love them all.
25. Laundry is the worst chore ever, but I love cleaning the bathroom. Seriously. I clean it every day and it makes me happy WHILE cleaning.
26. I love dressing up. Unfortunately I never get the opportunity to do so.
27. I sing in my churches worship team. And I LOVE it. A lot.
28. Summer is the worst season ever. I wish it didn't exist. Even as a kid it stressed me out.
29. When my brother and I were younger, he would always get me to ask our parents for things. So if we were in the car, and we passed a McDonald's, he would whisper, "Sarah. Ask mum and dad if we can go there for dinner." And I would. So I'm pretty sure the fact that I "always ask for things." Isn't really true, I just asked a hell of a lot more than I actually wanted.
30. I drive standard. Cuinn and I will never not own a standard. I love it. You should learn if you don't already know how.
31. Chuck e Cheese pizza is the best pizza I have ever eaten. No, really. It is.
32. I have a hard time with left and right.
33. When I was younger I would confuse white and yellow.
34. I still do the hand trick for my 9 times table.
35. When I was in 7th grade, I tried really hard to get the French award in school. (Person with the highest mark in French) all year long I studied so hard to win. Everyone thought I was going to get it. On the day the awards were announced, Melissa got the award instead. I was so crushed that I went home and cried. That was the moment I stopped trying so hard in school. I couldn't see the point in trying so hard and then "failing". I have never told anyone that before.
36. Tulips are my favorite flower because they remind me of my mum.
37. I sleep with the window open in the winter. It's marvelous.
38. I hate when people ask my advice because I think, "how should I know? I don't know anything about anything!" (That's not nearly as self deprecating as it sounds)
39. If I could have any superpower I would want to be invisible. And I would totally be a vigilante. With a little villain thrown in for fun.
40. I went fishing at the cottage this summer. Now, when both kids are crying, Cuinn is working both jobs, dinner is burning and none of my clothes fit. I close my eyes and pretend I'm in a boat on the lake. Fishing.
41. Campfires soothe my soul.
42. My favorite kind of alone day is curling up in my bed, a/c blasted, reading a really good book.
43. I have come around to the idea of living out in the country. Please don't tell Cuinn.
44. I really love earrings and necklaces but I rarely ever wear them.
45. Bacon sandwiches are my favorite lunch but since I loathe making bacon, I never eat them.
46. I am a pretty good cook and can make a pretty delicious pie. I make nearly one hundred squares at Christmas. All the holidays for the last three years have been my cooking, and me alone. I am a wizard in the kitchen. EXCEPT for breakfast. My pancakes are runny in the middle, eggs are either burnt or raw, I overlook bacon. I'm a hot mess when it comes to breakfast. Cuinn rocks breaky in our house.
47. Going to bed at 9 pm excites me. Seriously.
48. I play bass guitar. But it's a secret.
49. I could walk around IKEA all day long and be perfectly content.
50. Blankets are my favorite couch necessity.
10 things you may not know about Ailsynn:
1. Her first apgar score when she was born was a measly 2. She was breathing. That was pretty much all she had going for her when they pulled her out.
2. She loves to wear my shoes around the house while saying, "i'ma diva!"
3. At bedtime, she wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me about a zillion times. It's awesome.
4. She would much rather play with blocks or be outside than watch a show.
5. She is "ready for the school bus" and can't wait to start school.
6. She has the carrier gene for CF. something she shares with her daddy.
7. She is very protective of her baby sister and does not like strangers touching Lorelei.
8. She loves to take my phone and "call boys." Mostly Calvin. Sometimes Sean.
9. Her 3 most favorite things to do with mummy are helping in the kitchen, reading books and putting make up on.
10. She doesn't wear a diaper anymore. She's a big girl!
10 things you may not know about Lorelei:
1. She lights up as soon as Aislynn enters her vision.
2. She loves to give big, open mouthed, sloppy kisses.
3. She's the cuddly one.
4. She can roll from her back to her front and then to her back again.
5. She likes to hold onto daddy's hand while he is driving.
6. She coos. Oh, she coos.
7. She really loves bath time with her sister.
8. She already needs a haircut. At 4 months.
9. She is going to have abs of steel because she often lays on her tummy with her feet and arms in the air. Like a body surfer.
10. Her smile is the sweetest thing I have ever seen.
10 things you may not know about Cuinn and my relationship:
1. We met in a bar. But we usually tell people we met through mutual friends.
2. We were both dating other people when we met. Not for much longer though...
3. Cuinn moved to Ontario to be with me not long after we met.
4. On our first date we went to see Pans Labyrinth. We thought it would be a nice, light hearted children's movie. It's not. At all. And it's subtitled.
5. I didn't actually think Cuinn liked me when we first met. I kept flirting with him and he didn't really respond. Which made me flirt even more. Turns out he was just nervous.
6. There is a full foot difference between our height. For our wedding, I wore 6 inch heels for the ceremony so that our kiss wouldn't be so back breaking for him.
7. One of us believes in soul mates. The other doesn't.
8. Walking Dead is "our show". We can not watch the most recent episode unless we watch it together. Same with Modern Family.
9. I said "I love you" first. Sort of.
10. We can just look at each other, across a crowded room, and know what the other person needs. I love that.
What's something about you that I may not know?