My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Sunday 16 October 2011

A Christmas Post...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I know.

It's "way too early" to be talking about Christmas.

Well, in my opinion, it's NEVER too early to talk about Christmas. Ever.

I love Christmas. Like, for real love it.

Why?

Because it's that special time of the year when people are a little extra friendly, and full of cheer.

A time to spend with family and look back over the year and think about the blessings you've received (No, I do not do this on New Years, I do this at Christmas time. Christmas kicks New Years butt.).

A time when you can eat baked goods and just not feel that bad because you'll "for real start that diet in the new year. Promise."

A time when life is just a little more child like.

A time when you get presents.

Oh c'mon. Did you really think I wasn't going to add that one in?

Now, I will agree with my husband, AKA, the Grinch, who grumbles everytime NOVEMBER rolls around that Christmas is so commercialized, and it becomes less CHRISTmas and more Xmas every year, and that it's a terrible time to work in retail and blah blah blah.

BUT,

I always get him into the spirit of things. When we're decorating and watching Shrek's Christmas Special which actually has the original cast members voices, and when we're drinking up some yummy egg nog, Well, I'M drinking some yummy egg nog.

My spirit at Christmas is infectious! If I could, I would have the Christmas decorations out NOW!!! Unfortunately, mister scrooge over here makes me wait until December 1st. DECEMBER 1ST! And he makes me take them all down in the first week of January! If I lived on my own, I would have Christmas decorations up from October until March. 

For reals.

Anyway,

I was cruising around Pinterest, thinking about my wish list (yes, I do get it ready this early, I have family far away who need to be told in August what I want or I won't get it until my birthday. Which is in April.), and these caught my eye.


Yeah.

I need these.

They are number one on my wish list.

Not only are Toms the best shoe in the whole entire universe, for every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair to a child in need. They're slogan is One for One.

Don't you love that?

Seriously amazing.

So, if you all want to be my best friend, and I mean BEST friend, just buy me a pair of TOMS for Christmas.

And to justify it, you're helping out a kid who has bare feet.

Think of the kids!!!

But seriously, you all should at least buy yourselves a pair. You get an amazing pair of shoes, and you get to help a needy child.

One for One.

Merry Christmas, friends.

(Deal with it, Amanda, you will love Christmas. Even if I have to beat you with a sprig of holly.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo with you on this! Merry Christmas...can't wait!

Just Another Mummy Blog said...

Yay Christmas!