My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Thursday 5 July 2012

A Thankful Thursday...

It's been a crazy week. What with Aislynn getting very sick, and our big purchase, we've been up and down, yet we continue to be blessed.

1. That our car, Bertha, has given us a pretty good run.

2. And $200 in trade in value. So much more than we were expecting.

3. We got our new car! We still haven't christened her with a name yet, but she is so much fun to drive. 

4. After a very scary couple of hours, we were approved for a car loan. Which makes us even more confident in that we will be able to buy a house. Someday. No plans yet.

5. Living in Canada and having universal health care. Seriously. When my kid gets sick and I have to take her to the hospital, the last thing I want to be worrying about is, "can I afford this?" Thank God, that I can take Aislynn in for a breathing treatment, and not have to pay out of pocket.

6. Our friends K and B, loaning us a cold air humidifier. It's made it a lot easier for Aislynn to breath in her room without making it stuffy and hot. What a blessing.

7. Chocolate covered almonds. I'm not usually one for chocolate, but chocolate covered almonds? Totally in a separate category. Delish. 

8. Bulk Barn having peppermint salt water taffy. I am drooling all over the keyboard.

9. Aislynn eating dinner tonight. She hasn't eaten in two days, and I was getting more and more worried.

10. Aislynn has been asleep in her crib for 39 minutes. That is the longest she's been not in my arms in the last 2 days. 

11. The Nanny is on Netflix right now. I'm reliving the 90's. 

12. Even though Aislynn has been sick, and that's been awful, the family time has been fantastic.

13. How amazing Cuinn was at the hospital. Comforting a sick baby and a worried mumma.

14. The murse named Rudy. It gave me a chuckle during a scary and stressful time.

15. Canada day BBQ's at a great friends house.

16. Having my brother able to come down for the weekend.

17. Living in this country. I really love Canada. I don't want to live anywhere else.

18. Fireworks and more fireworks and MORE FIREWORKS!!!

19. Getting packages in the mail. Oh love.

20. Watching Corner Gas again with Cuinn. I love it all the more when I watch it with my "Skatchen grown boy."

Linking up with Jade, go give her some love!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Peppermint salt water? It sounds interesting, but I have no idea what it is! What is it?

And thank you for making me crave chocolate covered almonds now! LOL

Also, thank you for linking up so religiously. TT is still small, but I hope it grows soon!!!