My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Friday 20 July 2012

A Prayer For Aurora, CO...

When I hear of things like this it breaks my heart. I feel for the victims and their families. What a horrific and tragic event to happen to people who are just heading out to a movie. 

I also feel for the person who inflicts the pain. What they did was wrong, of course, but as a Christian I am taught to hate the sin but love the sinner. 

My prayers are going out to the families of the 12 who were killed. To the 59 who were injured. To the other patrons who will carry unseen scars. To the family of the shooter and also to the shooter. We don't know what was going on in his mind moments, days, weeks before this horrific act. Nothing will condone what he did, but he still needs our prayers.

Marilyn Manson wrote an essay on the Columbine shooting 13 years ago, and it is so relevant to today. You might not like his music, you might think he's weird, you might even agree that he is the "anti-christ". But you have to admit, the man makes a few really good points. I urge you to read it.


1 comment:

pippasmum said...

I agree, this is just such a horrible tragedy on all fronts. I feel so badly for those innocent people who were caught in the face of someone else's mental illness. I also feel horrible for the parents of the shooter. I also feel awful for him - if he ever is able to comprehend what he has done, he will have a horrible burden to carry. Everyone involved will desperately need God.