My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Wednesday 17 August 2011

a huge annoyance...

Late last night my friend, A, messaged me on Facebook.

Hey, are you still up?
Hope this isn't yous:
I just sent you a link, Make sure you read it and that it's not yours.

Well, I wasn't up. But this morning, after I woke up, fed Aislynn, played with Aislynn, changed Aislynn, cleaned Aislynn and then unloaded the dishwasher, I check my Facebook. And there was a lovely message from A. My whole day just went to the crapper.

It is, in fact, my crib that is being recalled.

I called the company, they told me they can't deal with me so could they please email them so they could tell me what to do.

First of all, seriously? You can't just tell me over the phone?

Stupid.

Before hanging up, they told me, twice, not to let my baby in the crib. And if I did then they were going to hunt me down and shoot me and take my baby away.

Not really, but it kinda felt that way.

So I quickly emailed them and they told me, Yeah, your crib is dangerous. We'll send you another one. IN 4 TO 6 WEEKS! Oh, and in those weeks, make sure you don't put your kid in the crib. If you do, it will result in CAS being called, we'll take your kid away, and we'll beat you with sticks.

Again, they didn't really say that, but you get the jist.

This is why they told me to email them. Because if they had told me that on the phone, they would have gotten an ear full.

Yes, I know it's not their fault, but how can you tell a mum of a 5 month old that the crib her precious baby is sleeping in is a super dangerous bed and I can't put her in it? For a month and a half!

Now, we're committed co-sleepers anyway, but we've changed it up a bit.

Our bed time routine is, nurse at 9, rock to sleep, in crib at 9:30. She stays in there until about midnight (when we go to bed), she stirs a little, we bring her into our bed with us.

BUT!!

She naps during the day in her crib. It's the only place where she will stay asleep during the day! I put her in our bed, she wakes up, I put her in the swing, she screams, I put her on the mats on the floor, she thinks it's play time.

So now, for (up to) 6 weeks, I'm basically going to have to let her sleep in my arms. That's the only other option we have, at this point, for nap time.

I am so pissed!

Cuinn has said a couple times, "The crib looks safe right now, it's not broken, it's not going to collapse on her, she can sleep in it until we get the replacement."

But..

The worry wart, mummy side of my brain keeps saying, "DANGER! DANGER! BAD PARENTING!"

The logical side of my brains replies with, "Relax, it will be fine for a couple more weeks. As soon as it looks like there IS a problem with it, you can take her out."

The trouble is, the whole rest of my body and brain really hates being told to relax, so really that response just pisses me off even more.

Anyway, I hope none of you lovely readers are going through this right now. Give me a day or two and I'll calm down too, but right now, I just want to be irrational, mad and complainy. 

Yes it's a word.

It's a word because I said it's a word.

That's how words get made up.

The other thing that is super annoying to me today is, one of Aislynn's toys got broken.

I won't name any names, but someone in our house wound up the musical part of it too far and now it won't sing. The only reason Aislynn plays with it is because she loves the song that it sings and it also plays pictures when it's singing.

So now, Aislynn's favorite toy is broke. The toy that she could play with for hours. The toy that was helping her learn to crawl (it rolls away and stuff and she tries to follow it), the toy that would light up her face when she just saw the toy, let alone play with it.

So basically I am in a cranky mood today.

On the plus side, I did go to the library today and got a library card! We also signed up for a baby book class thing in the fall. So, y'know, that's cool.

I found a book called Coventry, which is all about the bombings in Coventry in WWII. My parents live in Coventry right now, so I thought that was pretty neat. Looking forward to reading it.

What are you all up to today?



No comments: