My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Tuesday 8 November 2011

A Tuesday Ten Link Up Party

It's another Tuesday!

So, as you all know (or should know by this point), every Tuesday I make up a list of ten things then I linky linky to Miss Mommy's blog. It's awesome.

Then, you're all supposed to go and vote for my blog on her blog so I win. Because I really love to win.

If you've been reading my blog lately you'll know that I've been really stressed and cranky and just not in a very good place. The good part about that? I really have been seeing how many great people I have in my life to pull me out of my funk. I am so thankful for awesome people. So my blog today is dedicated to the awesome in my life.

10 People Who Deserve Huge Props This Week.

1. Our couple friends the W's. They have a daughter who is about 2 weeks younger than Aislynn, so we became friends because of shared things, and we've stayed friends because we actually like them. This week the W's invited us over for dinner (which we do pretty often), and then C and I went out for a drink afterwards. C knew I was feeling blah and so we went out and just talked. It was great. I really needed that lift and I'm thankful for a friend who could see that. Thanks C!

2. My mommy friend A. She has a tiny little boy who is only 2 months old and absolutely charming. A was heading to a Christmas craft show in the city and wanted some company, I of course, jumped at the opportunity to check out Christmas stuff. I left Aislynn at home with Daddy and I just spent some time with my new friend. We went and just hung out. It was really relaxing and I'm so glad I have a friend like her. We made plans to head to another Christmas craft show AND go to a baby show. Thank you A!

3. My man friend. Cuinn is such an amazing man, support and friend. Even when we're down and out he is constantly reminding us that we are a team and we are in this together. Even when we're mad at each other.  He knows just how to relax me and de-stress me. I love him and I'm so happy I found the best man for me. Thanks Cuinn.

4. Erin. This chicky is a new bloggy friend of mine. I really like her. I blogged about my crappy mood and she encouraged me and reminded me that I shouldn't just stay indoors and wallow but pick myself up by my bootstraps and make it better. She said it much nicer than that, but it was a reminder that I needed. Thank you Erin for you encouragement this week!

5. My parents. We've been stressed about a few things lately and my parents are always there for me. They helped us out this week and that's really all I want to say about that. But I am always so thankful that I have the best parents in the entire world. Even while they're an ocean away, they are still my two strong pillars who I couldn't imagine my life without. Thanks mum and dad for being my parents.

6. Aislynn. Seriously. Even when I'm snarky, and can't seen to find the joy in the every day, she reminds me that even something as small and simple and a plastic hanger is amazing. I love being her mum. I love watching her explore. She is teaching me so much more than I ever thought was possible. Being a mum is the most rewarding job I've ever had and I've learned the most from this job too. Thank you baby girl, for just being my baby girl.

7. My Bible study on Thursday mornings. That's definitely more than one person, but the group of ladies that go are awesome. I have been pushed in the study of the word and pushed in my faith. I really think that's what a Bible study is supposed to do for you. I'm learning a lot and just really enjoying my Thursday mornings. Thanks ladies!

8. God. Speaking of Bible studies and being pushed. Y'know, Cuinn and I have been feeling a little tested by the big guy, but even through that, I still need to thank him. I still feel his presence in the crappy times. I still know that he's wrapped me up in his arms and is carrying me through whatever is happening in my life. Thanks God, for everything.

9. My friend K. She's got 4 kids. Count it 4, all under the age of 5. (I'm pretty sure. Maybe her daughter is 6 though.. either way, it's a handful!) I don't think she knows it, but I'm inspired. She's got so much going on. Her youngest has had a few health issues as of late but she always looks so together. Her kids are all so sweet and polite. She takes care of her brood while still having people over for dinner, making treats for our Bible study, and being a pastor's wife. All the things she does humbles me. Thanks Katie, for displaying such a warm and christian family.

10. All of you. My lovely readers. I got phone calls from some of you, I got emails from a lot of you. Just checking in with me. I didn't even know that so many of you read my blog. It was heart warming. Thank you!

So there ya go. My slightly sappy list of ten. Don't worry, next weeks will be back to my usual goofy self, I just really needed to send out a few thank you's!

Now go read all the other lists of ten!!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

:) I really enjoyed hanging out with you!!! Anytime you want to hang out/chat give me a call! We are only a stone throw away from one another!

Just Another Mummy Blog said...

So awesome to have someone close to just drop in!

Well, you know, call first and then drop in. Cuz who knows if we'll have shirts on or not. ;)