My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Sunday 27 November 2011

A catch up...

Well bloggers, I'm back. Did ya miss me? Did ya notice I was gone? Did the world stop while I was offline?

I have had such an amazing week. A different kind of week, but it has been uplifting and eye opening. 

This week I went offline. I decided it was time to take a break from being constantly plugged in and take the time to be with family and getting some crafts done that have been knocking around in my head. I so wish I could show you everything I have been doing, but unfortunately, for you, a lot of the things I did are going to be gifts, and I can't post that here or they won't be a surprise anymore!

But, since I did so much, I'll give ya a quick run down of what I've been up to!


I made a new Christmas wreath. Still not sure if it's finished yet. We'll see.

I finished all my home made presents for my friends. Well, almost, I still have 3 things to finish up.

I started an Etsy shop. Almost. More on that later.

I crocheted about 8 hats.

I read my Bible. Actually took the time, laid in my bed, and opened the word. Do you know how interesting it is? I hope you do.

I played with my daughter and fell in love with her again.

Cuinn and I made a big decision. More on that later too.

I began to enjoy my life in the now instead of working towards what else is coming.

I called people. ON THE PHONE!

I spend time with friends.

I crafted. Oh, did I craft.

I went for walks.

I spent some time, just by myself. In the quiet, while Aislynn was asleep.

We went to the Christmas Parade!







Aislynn had ice cream.  And loved it.



I spent more quality time with these crazy people


It has been a great week. I feel so refreshed. I mean, don't get me wrong, I really missed the internet. I missed the convenience of finding a recipe, or making plans online, and talking to my mum on a daily basis. I missed seeing what other people were up to. I missed reading other people's blogs. I missed blogging myself.

It was also kind of a nuisance. I had to make sooooooo many notes because everything in my life is in emails and Facebook messages, and an online calendar I keep. It was a bit more work, but it was worth it. 

And I made a decision. I think that from now on, I'm going to try to stay offline during the week and just do the internet thing on weekends. Mostly. I'm still going to blog once or twice or three times a week, because I really enjoy this journaling. It's also an easier way to keep my family and friends updated on my life. But Facebook and email and what have you, I don't need it every day. I really enjoy talking to people on the phone.

I encourage you all to take a break once in a while. You'd be surprised at what you can accomplish. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a list of 25 things to share with you all, so you can all know me, even better! I also have about a million blogs to check up on.

I really missed you all.


No comments: