My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Monday 23 May 2011

Happy Anniversary, Cuinn-pants.

A little over 4 years ago, I met a guy. He was tall, pierced, super hot and kind of an ass. Just my type (I can't help it, I've always had a thing for the bad boys). He lived in a different city than me at the time so we basically just texted each other all day long and chatted online and hung out when he was visiting his parents in my city. I was totally crushing on this boy, but thought he didn't like me much. He didn't kiss, or ask me out, or hold my hand, or give me ANY indication that he liked me too. He was driving me CRAZY!! Which worked out well for him, because it made me flirt even harder. Finally, after a couple weeks of me trying to get him to like me, I had all but given up. My friend, K, liked another boy and so we invited both boys to a movie. I remember telling K before the movie, "Look, if there are no signs tonight, I'm giving up. I just don't think he's into me."

We went to Pans Labyrinth, and everything changed. While we were all waiting in line for the tickets, and then popcorn, and then sitting waiting for the movie, this boy and I played "knuckles". Little did I know, that this was the boys way of touching me without touching me. He's such a sneaky boy. The movie started, and all of us looked at each other. None of us realizing that the entire movie is in Spanish and it's sub-titled. Well, not one to be detoured, I whispered to the boy, "I've always wanted to learn a new language, now I can learn Spanish  Wanna learn with me?" So for the first half of the movie we whispered and giggled and taught ourselves Spanish. I'm sure we annoyed everyone in the theater, which was unusual for me because I HATE IT when people talk during movies. I couldn't help it that time though. I really liked a boy!
Now, I say we only did this during the first half. Because about half way through, something happened that made me a little stupid. I couldn't talk, I could barely breathe, I couldn't even focus on the movie. 

He held my hand.

I was over the moon! He was holding my hand! He liked me! He really liked me!

4 years later and I still feel the same way. He likes me!!

Two years ago today I married my best friend. We've been through some really amazing times, and we've walked through a little bit of hell, but we're still that same couple that flirts and act like a couple of teenagers who are crushing on each other. I love you, Babe! Here's to many more years!

What I've learned from being married to Cuinn:

Men don't like it when you wake them up to open the window in the middle of the night, but they'll still open it for you.

Men don't remember things about conversations that woman want to know about. When Cuinn tells me about a conversation or argument he had with someone, he doesn't remember all the little details I want to know about. Like what exactly was said, what facial expressions they used, what were they wearing.

Men do like to gossip. Just in a different way than us women.

If Cuinn doesn't shower every single day he feels yucky, where as I can go a day or two without it. We're backwards.

Men don't care about household things. Like having a nice bed frame, or matching your bed sheets to your curtains. That can annoy their wives.

When the wife is upset or hurting, the husband really just wants to fix it and it makes him feel better when he can but completely useless when he can't.

When the wife is complaining about something, the reason the husband gives advice is because he wants to help you fix it, not annoy the crap outta you. Even if it feels that way.

The best kind of person for you is the person who can take you out of a crusty mood with just a look.

Just because you fight in different ways doesn't make your way right. 

Sometimes, all you need to do, is hug each other. 


I love you, Cuinn. I know our lives aren't always going to be easy, but knowing that I have you beside me to get through the hard times makes it a lot less daunting. Thanks for being my best friend, and the best person for me.

No comments: