My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Monday 6 August 2012

A Birthday List..

Today is a very special day in the Simpson home.

It's Cuinn's birthday! Today he turns one year older and wiser, so to mark the special occasion, I'm going to dedicate this post to the best hubby, friend and father around. I love ya babe. Here's 27 things I love most about you. Because, y'know, you just turned 27.

27 Awesome Things About My Awesome Hubby

1. When he tells a joke that goes over someones head, he does this really nervous laugh to make sure everyone know he was joking. This happens daily, and I love it.

2. Cuinn's the only person who is able to make me laugh, even when I'm right in the middle of being mad at him for something.

3. Cuinn is a fantastic father. Really. I love watching how he interacts with his daughter and how much he loves Aislynn. Warms my heart.



4. He knows when I have had a rocky day and he picks Aislynn up and says something like, "Why don't you have a bath, I'm going to take Aislynn for a walk."

5. Cuinn is the most thoughtful man I have ever met. And not just with Aislynn and me. My friend E just bought an XBox and he had a few games he had that he wasn't playing and he said, "Do you think E would like these games for her girls?" When we brought them to her, her girls were very excited and I could see the look of happiness on his face. He's such a good guy.

6. How his smile lights up his whole face.

7. He is the greatest hugger. Ever. Seriously man, if I'm having a bad day, his arms are where I wanna be!

8. He is so humble. About EVERYTHING. So humble, in fact, that I sing his praises all the time. Just so people know how awesome he is.

9. Cuinn makes it a lot easier for me when it comes to medical things since he has a medical background. Who needs to call a dr when I've got a medic in the house?

10. He's not squirmish at all when it comes to needing to buy me...erhm...y'know....lady things. Which helps because I don't even like to buy toilet paper... 

11. He kills all the bugs. All of them. 

12. He knows all the words to the Gilmore Girls opening credits. And sings them with me. At an alarming volume.

Pretty sure he'll give me this face when he finds out I told everyone this...


13. Remember how I said he was thoughtful? That goes for gift buying too. I never get chocolates on Valentine's day, because he knows that just ain't me. I get a book. Or a manicure. Or a brie maker. The guy gets you a gift that you love because he puts that extra thought into it.

14. Bath time is all daddy. I love hearing Aislynn and Cuinn splashing and laughing and singing in the tub. It is one of my favorite times of the day.

15. He is specific in his compliments. I know that sounds weird, but he'll tell me, your hair looks nice today. I like those pants on you. That is a pretty shirt. It makes me feel like he's not just giving me a compliment because he has to, it's a real compliment. I love that.

16. He eats anything. Even if it's terrible, and I overcooked the chicken and the rice is crunchy. He will eat it and thank me for cooking dinner.

17. He loads the dishwasher. I am inept at this, so it's quite the feat to me that he is so amazing at it.

18. When reading a book to Aislynn, he does the voices.

19. He makes me laugh every single day.

20. Before he leaves in the morning he kisses me, kisses Aislynn, then kisses me again and says, "Bye my loves. Have a good day."

21. Then he texts me during the days and says, "How are my loves?"

22. When Aislynn is eating yogurt, she will offer him a spoonful. He always accepts.



23. His patience for my antics is overwhelming. Seriously, I'm an impossible woman to live with.

24. He introduced me to Walking Dead. (This one should have been number 1)

25. Women aren't the only ones who partake in gossip, and Cuinn loves to gossip with me. Which I think is hilarious, because who doesn't love a bit of gossip?

26. He keeps all my secrets.

27. When I lie my head on his chest, he plays with my hair. It's so nice.






My darling, Cuinn. You are my best friend. The father to our baby. My partner. My husband. I am so grateful for all that you do and all that you are. I love ya babe, and here's to 150 more.


2 comments:

Jenn N said...

Damn, now I want to marry him.

Just Another Mummy Blog said...

Who wouldn't?