My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Monday 6 June 2011

Our weekend

Goodbye to another fantastic weekend, hello to a busy week.
Saturday was a Aislynn and mummy day since Cuinn was working. We woke up pretty early, for us. 8ish, because of the big thunderstorm we had here. The thunder was very big and loud and Aislynn thought it was the greatest thing in the entire world. Every time it cracked, she laughed so loud and kept looking at me, waiting for me to make it crack again. It was the greatest thing I've ever heard. Since it was very stormy outside it was in indoor day, and since the skies were very dark, we stayed in bed a little longer than usual. Just hanging out, cuddling, listening to the rain and thunder. I love mornings like that. I wish it was like that every morning. We love the rain here in the Simpson house and we love the storms even more!
Not much else happened on Saturday, we just had a relaxing day at home. It was so lovely.
Sunday morning we got up, put on our Sunday dresses (Well, Cuinn wasn't wearing a dress, but Aislynn and I were.), and headed out to try another church. We're still "Church Shopping", trying to find our new church home. We tried out a baptist church this time. I don't think I've ever been to a baptist church before. We're a little torn on whether to go there or not. We really enjoyed the service, Pastor Mike and his wife Sarah (yay!) are so friendly and even invited us to their house for dinner soon, the other people were so friendly too. Much friendlier and welcoming than any of the other churches so far, there are a lot of young families so definite new friends potential. The church is very family orientated. Those are all the good things. The not so good things? They don't have Sunday School. And that is a choice that they've made. All the kids just go to the back of the sanctuary and there are coloring sheets, but the children are encouraged to stay with their parents, so that the children can see their parents worship and also learn that there are times when kids need to be quiet. Wait, what? I'm not sure that I agree with that. I don't think that a 4 year old needs to stay during the "boring parts". I really think that Sunday School is important for kids, how else are they going to learn about Noah and the ark? Or Zacheus and how he was a "wee little man"? Or what about all the Sunday School Sundays when they sing songs for all us adults which makes me cry? It's disappointing to me. I really, really loved the service and the people, but I really need to think about my baby girl and whether or not it's going to be a good church family for her. Cuinn and I were talking in the car and thought maybe if we did keep going there it would be a good opportunity for me to maybe step up and help organize a Sunday School. I'm not really sure if that's the right thing either. I grew up in the Salvation Army. I'm not a Baptist. I'm not entirely sure what the differences are yet, but shouldn't that say something? Would I want to take on the responsibility of teaching children about God when I'm not even from the same denomination? So basically, we have no idea what we're doing. It is so frustrating not having a S.A. here. I always feel more secure when I have a church family, and I just feel all out of sorts not being a part of that community. So we'll see what happens.
Anyway, after church, it was such a beautiful day I didn't want to just stay at home. So Cuinn set about finding something for our family to do and we found out that one of the cities close to us has a baby pool! So we packed up the car and headed out to the pool! Oh we had so much fun! It was our first time in the family change room, which freaked Cuinn out (which made me laugh. Sorry baby). We don't have those baby swimmer diapers things, which I thought was a stupid invention anyway. Aren't they just diapers with a different name? I figured a regular diaper would be just fine. So she had her diaper on, she had her bathing suit on and we were ready to get in the water. As soon as we got in the pool, Aislynn was a happy little camper. She loved it! Her tongue was out for pretty much the whole time, trying to drink the water, which was so cute. We took her on rounds around the baby pool (Which is a pee pool. Don't kid yourself), one way on her tummy, one way on her back. She was giggling and it was great. There was a lifeguarding class going on, I think they were on their last class doing the test or whatever, so we saw a bunch of pretend accidents. And all those 16 year old girls thought Aislynn was just too cute. Aislynn knew she was getting lots of attention so she hammed it up. Sticking her tongue out at the girls, giggling, basically being a cutie pie. Which is natural for her. After about 30 minutes(ish), Aislynn was getting pretty heavy and we figure it was time to head out. Why was she getting so heavy? Remember how I thought those swimmer diapers were stupid? I think I might be the stupid one. Her regular diaper was FULL!! I'm serious, it was probably about 10 pounds heavy!!! Cuinn was so embarrassed that her diaper was so huge, I just thought it was hilarious. When we got back to the change room, and Cuinn took the diaper off, we just had to laugh. It was so heavy, I wish we had taken a picture. Now we know. We need to get some swimmer diapers for her.
The swimming knocked her out and she was asleep before we were out of the parking lot. We headed home and I made some chicken burgers, corn, and ceasar salad. Aislynn slept for pretty much all dinner and a while longer, so Cuinn and I watched a couple episodes of Tudors. Ahh, perfect weekend.
And now we have a busy week.
We've had a lot going on in our lives the last couple weeks, personal stuff, family health concerns, money. (Always money. Money money money. I hate it.) I've been feeling really down. Missing my parents a lot, feeling like I'm alone here in our tiny town. Cuinn's been pushing me to get out to the Early Years Center while he's at work. It's only about a 10 minute walk, but since I've been feeling so yucky I've been putting it off and just not going. Well, after the fantastic day I had yesterday I decided to give it a go. I'm so glad I did. I made a friend, who lives just down the street! We're even going together to another mommy group tomorrow morning together! Then on Thursday I'm heading back to the OEYC with Cuinn for another group. I really enjoyed getting together with other mommies. So Monday afternoons, you will find Aislynn and I at the OEYC for the "New Parents" group. It really gave me quite the lift. Aislynn liked it too. It was pretty over whelming for her though. I mean, there were about 8 other babies, a couple of them crying quite loudly, Aislynn kept looking at the criers and you could see in her face she was thinking, "What the heck are ya crying for?" I stayed right to the end and by then Aislynn was pretty tired and cranky, so I put her back in her stroller and she was out like a light. It was a fantastic day, again. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and hanging out with me new friend and her 7 week old baby. Future friend for Aislynn? He is a cutie. ;)

No comments: