My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Monday 20 June 2011

Father's Day

It's Father's Day today. 
I have to say that I have the greatest dad in the world.
Well, I have the best dad, and I'm also married to another pretty fantastic dad too.
This blog is dedicated to two pretty awesome guys!

My dad:

Thanks dad, for being the first man to love me and care for me. You showed me what a real man is. The way you loved mum and how you loved and raised Simon and I. You, along with mum, gave us a home where we always felt comfortable, safe and happy. I remember you reading my bed time stories, chit chits and telling me that vinegar was "secret sauce" that would make everything taste better. Turns out, it really does. You're a man of great integrity and I am proud to call myself your daughter. Thanks for all the lessons, I really was listening, even when it probably felt like I wasn't. I love you, daddy!

My husband:

Cuinn, you are an amazing father to our beautiful daughter. All the love you gave to me, you have doubled and now give to me AND our baby girl. I love watching you play with her, and change her bum, and cuddle with her. I always knew you would be a great dad, but you have even surpassed all of my expectations. Thank you for being right beside me through this parenting journey.Thank you for taking over when I feel like I'm failing. Thank you for the pep talks when all I want to do is cry myself. Thank you for letting me have a bath to feel like a real human being again. Thank you for being the kind of man I need and want in my life. Thank you for being you. I'm so glad that I get to do this with my best friend. Aislynn sure is lucky to have you as her daddy. I love you, Cuinn.

To all the other dad's out there who are equal parents with their partners. Keep doing what you're doing. All the help you give us mummies really is appreciated. Even if we don't show it all the time. Thank you for helping and being there for us when we need you the most. We wouldn't be able to do it without help, and your help is the best. 
For all the daddy's out there.
We love you.
Thank you.
 My wonderful parents

Proud Grandpa

Daddy/Daughter time

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: