My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Sunday 3 March 2013

A thing or two a bestie would know...

One of my all time fav blogs is doing a sort of link up. She made up this kinda post a while ago, and decided to add to it. Since I am one of those "I like to read your diary" types, this kinda post excites me. So here's to all you other nosey nelly's. 

What you should know if we're going to be best friends...

I hate cleaning myself. I don't enjoy a warm shower or a hot bath. Showering and bathing is such a chore to me that I only do it once every couple (sometimes few) days. No one has ever complained about me being stinky though, so whateves.

I think jeans are more comfortable than sweats.

I'm also not allowed to leave the house in sweats. It's a legitamite house rule. When I put Aislynn in track pants or sweats, I feel like a rebel. Sweats/pajama pants/"yoga pants" are for lazing around the house.

I think "yoga pants" are ridiculous. And you are ridiculous for wearing them to Walmart.

Tomorrow is pj day at my mummy group, I am, for real, having anxiety over leaving my house in pajamas. 

I put vinegar on everything. Ev. Er. Y. Thing. In fact, when we go to the states, I have to bring my own vinegar bottle because I know that even in McDonalds if you ask for vinegar they look at you like you just asked for rat poison.

I don't believe in cry it out and I'm not ashamed that we still occasionally cuddle Aislynn to sleep.

I also love that we have a family bed.

I can't make breaky. Not even eggs. And I usually burn toast. I have been craving bacon and eggs and pancakes for the last week, but Cuinn has been so busy with work and school that he hasn't really been home for dinner, so I haven't gotten it yet. If I don't get it soon, Aislynn and I are going to breaky for dinner this week.

I don't iron clothing. If Cuinn needs something ironed, I tell him to hang it up in the bathroom during his shower. It works just as well.

I am an aggressive driver. As in, one of those drivers people look at and think, "She probably just needs to poop really badly, that's why she's driving like that."

Unless Aislynn is in the car. Then I am the kind of driver that people look at and think, "Why is she being so cautious? She must be 94."

Although being a mum is so rewarding, and I love being able to stay at home with my kid (soon to be kids), I find it kinda boring sometimes. 

That whole nesting thing that other pregnant mums feel? Yeah, I don't get that. I feel the want to want to nest, if that makes sense. But I have no desire to scrub the entire apartment clean, do up a new nursery, cook meals that will last us for the first 6 months of having a new baby. I know those things are important, and I should be doing them, but I'd rather be sleeping.

My family is most important to me. But my relationships with my friends is a very close second. If I had to choose between never eating again, and never having a friend again. I would choose never eating again.

I put Worcestershire sauce on my KD. It's amazing. I also can't eat it with a fork. It has to be a spoon.

I never finish my meals at restaurants and I always have to get it to go. Cuinn and I always have the same exact conversation:
Cuinn: Sarah, are you really going to eat it for lunch tomorrow?
Sarah: YES Cuinn. Stop hassling me.

Then I never eat the leftovers. 

Unless it's East Side Marios. I always eat my pasta left overs.

I still think Ceasar Salad is a healthy option.

I don't wash my face. Ever. I am constantly asked what facial scrubs/washes/products I use and I always lie and just say whatever product comes to mind. The truth is, I never wash my face. Not even in the shower. I figure, the water hits my face and shampoo always gets in my eyes which are on my face, that's good enough for me!

I can't stand sticky hands. If Aislynn has sticky hands and tries to touch me I tell her, "Don't touch mumma! Gross, wipe your hands please!" It's so bad that Aislynn is also anal about washing her hands after she eats or plays with something messy.

BUT, I couldn't care less if she has a booger nose. I also don't care if she wipes it on her sleeve. I'd rather she used a kleenex, but in the grand scheme of things? A little bit of boogers is not gonna hurt her. (I also don't care if she eats the occasional handful of dirt. I am not a germaphobic type of mum. And I know it annoys one of my friends to no end.)

I'm dreading my midlife crisis. In fact, I think my midlife crisis will happen sooner and be much worse than Cuinn's. 

I am too impatient for cable. I can't stand only being able to watch tv shows once a week. I would much rather wait until the whole series ends, and then buying all the dvds and watching them in one week. I'm waiting until 2014 to start watching How I Met Your Mother, because that's when the show ends. Walking Dead has been the first show in a very long time that I have watched while it's currently on the air. And it really annoys me when I can't keep watching. 

Every time I see Niagara Falls, I get choked up. Then when I walk Clifton Hill, I get annoyed. Stupid humans.

I still can't believe that my tiny little baby turns 2 this Saturday. How is it possible that I feel like I've been a mother forever but at the same time, feel like it was only yesterday that I was walking the halls of our old apartment building trying to start labor so I could meet her? Surreal. 

What do you think I should know about you if we're going to be besties?

1 comment:

Krysta said...

I love yoga pants! Haha. I put them on in the morning with the intent of going to the gym, and 50% of the time I succeed, the other 50% of the time I just hang out being all cozy and lazy.

I'm also really hoping to experience that nesting thing, but I don't have high hopes knowing me.