One of my daily reads, Constant Chatter, does this thing every Thursday called Thankful Thursdays. Up until yesterday I just thought it was something she did every Thursday. Then I noticed (finally, after like...a year of following her), that she has a linky link to a page explaining it a bit more. Now I love it even more. I commented and asked her if I could steal the idea.
Not only did she say yes, but she made her own Thankful Thursday a linky linky party party. Love.
So for the next hundred years (give or take), I'll be doing a list of 20 things I'm thankful for. Every Thursday. For the rest of my life.
I have so much in my life and at times I seem to forget about it. So I think a weekly reminder will put it all into perspective. Thank you, Jude, for allowing me to take part in this.
1. Aislynn not being sick. Cuinn and I are, so it's nice to see Aislynn running around, tearing out home apart, because I'd rather clean up the mess than have a miserable, sick little baby.
2. My friend from church, W. She brought us over a big ol' batch of chicken soup, peanut butter cookies and a loaf of bread. Seriously. It's amazing to be in a church family that looks out for one another like that.
3. My friend A who offered to come take Aislynn off my hands for a couple of hours. Cuinn was home this morning and so I had a break, but the fact that she was so willing to help out means the world to me.
4. My friend K who reminds me on a daily basis that if I need anything then to just call. And she really means it.
5. Skype. Seriously, the Atlantic doesn't seem so big at times.
6. Baby Einstein. It's everything I stand against, but when parents are sick, and the babe needs a distraction? It gives me 20 minutes of peace. It's one of those fights that I'm no longer interested in fighting.
7. Pinterest. I have so many neat idea's for Aislynn's parties. When she's 5 and up. But for a 1 year old? I don't know. Thank goodness for Pinterest and all the awesome inspiration I am getting. What did parents do before Pinterest?
8. Cuinn. Always. Everyday. I'm thankful for Cuinn.
9. A roof over my head and a pillow for under it.
10. Having an hour to myself to have a bath. I don't think women really enjoy baths as much as they claim, I think they just enjoy the shutting the door to the world and being by themselves in quiet part of it.
11. Living in a country when I am free to do...pretty much anything I want. Y'know, besides killing people and robbing banks. And I don't really wanna do either of those things, so I can pretty much do whatever I want.
12. My brother being able to come visit us this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing him.
13. The ability for Cuinn, Aislynn and myself to go to England. Our vacation was amazing, and it's amazing that we were able to go.
14. Having food in my fridge.
15. Modern medicine. Isn't it great that when we're feeling like crap we can take some magical drugs to make it all better and we don't have to worry that we might die from this? Even if we feel like we are dying?
16. Baby gates. Whoever invented those bad boys obviously had a child like mine who doesn't like kid toys and would much rather play in the toilet, or garbage can or other equally weird things. It's nice that we can throw up those gates to "block her in" to the living room where she can't destroy too much.
17. The fact that Cuinn has a job that can support us.
18. A God that has always provided for us, even when we're scared we're not going to make it. We've never gone without our needs and even a few wants.
19. Watching Aislynn walk all around the apartment. Even if it does remind me that she makes me look like a liar because she refuses to walk around anybody else but will walk from one end of the apartment to the other. I love watching her walk like a sumo wrestler. It's so funny.
20. Music. It calms our whole home down when we're feeling antsy. Puts Aislynn to sleep, puts me to sleep, gives us all an escape. Where would we be without it?
I'm linking up with Jade at Constant Chatter. Head on over and share what you're thankful for.