My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Wednesday 28 December 2011

A post every couple of months...

or that's what it feels like.

I have been so very busy, living life, that my blogging has been kind of put to the wayside (is that right? It sounds weird...). So this post is probably going to be about a billion miles long. Or maybe I'll just cut it into a few posts.

Actually, that's a better idea.

I bet you're wishing I edited now, so you didn't have to read that useless part.

Well I don't edit.

And you all still read my blog.

So who's the winner now?

ME.

Anyway, back to my super cool awesome life that has kept me away from all my beautiful readers. 

This post will be all about Cuinn's parents visit. Which is where we last left off.

Cuinn's parents came to visit.

The end.

Next post.

Just kidding.

Cuinn's parents came to visit and it was really awesome. It was Cuinn's dad's first time meeting Aislynn. And since pictures are worth a thousand words, blah blah blah, what better way to tell you about our visit with Cuinn's family, than with pictures!! 34 to be exact! Love it.

Or don't...whateve's

But, how can you not love?


Aislynn and Grandpa Simpson meeting each other for the first time!


Cuinn seeing his dad again for the first time in nearly 2 years!



Some quality Grandma/Grandpa and Aislynn time. While mummy and daddy are off buying presents! 


I kinda love this shot of Aislynn. Even if it is weird and blurry. 




Cuinn learned how to make turkey dinner this year. It is a Simpson family tradition that daddy Simpson makes the turkey. So, this year, I handed over my apron, and let the men folk do the cookin'. I have to say, I was feeling all out of sorts and didn't know what to do with myself since I didn't cook Christmas dinner at all this year, but hey, it was nice to switch it up. The food was terrific too!


This is the boys getting the turkey ready in the morning before church. We celebrated our Simpson Christmas on Sunday the 18th since Cuinn's parents wouldn't be here for the 25th. They got the turkey in the oven, then we went to church. It was a baptism and a dedication service and it was beautiful. An 18 year old girl, deciding to give her life over fully to the Lord. It was amazing. Mostly because I was remembering what I was like at 18 and I am so proud of this girl (who I don't even know since we're still fairly new to this congregation) to be making such a smart decision so early in life. 

After church we went to one of the many tree farms in our area and cut down our tree. I am such a sucker for tradition and a real tree is a huge thing for me. It was so awesome to go spend the day at this amazing farm and cut down our own tree. Pretty sure we have started a new tradition for our tiny family in our tiny town.


Grandpa was so helplful...


So Cuinn showed him!!


I love this shot of Aislynn and I. Baby wearing has been such an amazing experience for me, I will truly be sad when Aislynn is too big to be worn.





Then we came home and waited for the men folk to finish up din din!


Which Aislynn thoroughly enjoyed!




Then we opened pressies!!!


But first, a shot of my in-laws. How happy are they?



Aislynn waiting (im)patiently to rip open the rest of the pressies!


Helping daddy. 


Yep, I got my TOMS!!!! Thank you again, Philip and Andrea. 


Aislynn wasn't so sure about opening presents at first, but she got right into it pretty quick. Auntie C's (Cuinn's sister)  favorite book when she was a kid was The Paper Bag Princess. It's one of our favs too. So Auntie sent us a copy of it for Aislynn. Which is awesome, because I think I lost our first copy?


Grandma and Grandpa opening the gift that I made for them. A homemade crochet blanket. They loved it, which made me feel so good. 


The slightly creepy, one of a kind doll that Uncle A and Auntie L sent for Aislynn.

 The slightly creepy, one of a kind guy I married. Cuinn got the first season of The Walking Dead, and it came with this wonderful (insert eye roll here) zombie mask. Boys.




Cuinn with his momma and dad


Aislynn thoroughly enjoyed her new bath tub toys. We were so grateful for new toys, her rubber ducky got water in it somehow and corroded the light up part of it and we were kind of nervous about letting her play with it. We have new tubby time toys now, so we're good.


The worst part of the trip. The goodbye dinner at the Swiss. (My uber fancy name for Swiss Chalet. The Swiss makes it sound so much more classy I think.) This is also when we found out that Aislynn LOVES cranberries!



Oh, and she also loves lemons. Crazy kid.

All in all, it was a really awesome visit.

It's so unfortunate that both our families have to live so stinkin' far away. Many times a week Cuinn and I get really jealous of our friends who have family here. It's hard to be so far away from the people we love the most. BUT (and there is a but), it has made us appreciate them so much more. When we do get to see our family it's such a blessing. Even if the visits are always cut shorter than we wish.

 Cuinn and I are both very proud of the life that we have here, and we're making it here on our own. We both miss our parents every day, but that's part of life. To cleave to another and leave your family to make your own.

Thanks for the amazing help that you offered while you were here Andrea and Philip. My kitchen has never been as clean since you were here. I found it was a lot easier to keep a clean house with a couple of live-in nannies. Aislynn always had someone to play with and Cuinn and I got to have a bit of time to ourselves. Thanks for the visit, it made our Christmas!

No comments: