My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Friday 9 November 2012

A Thankful Thursday...

I was going to take a pass today on being thankful. I'm feeling sick (as per usual), Aislynn has been testing my patience much more than usual, our apartment is bugging me, and I'm just kinda cranky.

Then I went to bible study this morning.

And obviously these women who go to bible study make it their mission to make it as difficult as possible for me to be grumpy.

Jerks.

But for real. This mornings walk through the word was so wonderful. The conversation that was flowing, you could practically touch the spirit. That's how palpable it was.

So, with that said,

I'm Thankful For...


1. Obama fries! Our local burger joint posted on their facebook page that if you correctly guessed who would win the American election you would get a free small fry! Thanks Obama, so far you have surpassed all my dreams for you being in office for another 4 years.


2. Thursdays. They are my fav day. Ladies bible study in the morning, every other week we have small group, and every fourth week I have worship team. Thursday's rock.

3. Aislynn wearing her daddy's sweaters. I totally can't blame her. There's just something about wearing your mans sweater that is just so comforting.


4. Our friends the W's. They were our first friends we made when moving here and we are continually blessed by that friendship.

5. Crochet nights with J. We haven't done one in so long, and we just did one a week ago, and we're doing it again on Friday. It so relaxing just sitting, not having the tv on and just crocheting and chatting. Sigh, I'm feeling more relaxed just thinking about it.

6. Light Up The Night festival in one of our neighbouring tiny towns. I love, love, love small town festivals. I feel like I'm living in Stars Hollow sometimes and I am so not complaining. Tomorrow night is the start of the Christmas festivals.

7. Seeing things through Aislynn's eyes. I love the snow and all the winter has to offer, but seeing it all through the eyes of a child is that much more magical. Watching her eyes in wonder as the snow fell warmed my heart.


8. Granny Panties. So unsexy. So unflattering. So ugly. BUT, so comfortable on this preggo's expanding butt. And Cuinn always gets a kick out of them.

9. Left overs. I actually really love left over nights. Mostly because I am an amazing cook and who doesn't love to eat my meals twice? (Seriously though, I'm not that great, but I really do love left over nights)

10. McDonalds is having this awesome deal on this week celebrating the 30 years it's been open in our tiny town. Yesterday was 30 cent hamburgers. Today is 30 cent ice creams. Tomorrow is 30 cent french fries. Saturday is 30 cent apple pie. Sunday is 30 cent coffee. I am most excited for Friday. But I'm also loving the cheap dessert treat that our fam is going to enjoy tonight after dinner.

11. Having a husband who knows how to make me relaxed after a rough day or sickness and Aislynn being crazy. Thanks for this wonderful bath you ran me.


12. Watching Aislynn play with her food. I know some parents get really annoyed by that, but I love it. I love watching her discover what it tastes like when you add goldfish to her peanut butter sandwich. Plus, look at the face of concentration! She's awesome.




13. How alike these two are. I get so annoyed when Cuinn eats a before dinner snack, because he usually eats this snack WHILE I'M MAKING DINNER. But Aislynn and him now have this routine of cuddling on the couch while I make dinner and sharing some goldfish. Annoys the crap outta me, but secretly I kinda love it.


14. Getting packages in the mail. Even if it's just "work" stuff. I still get a thrill when FedEx pulls up!

15. Going to worship team practise and then coming home to a very quiet house where both Cuinn and Aislynn are passed out in the little bed.

16. Texting my friend A, all day long about weird things that nobody else would enjoy but us probably.

17. Going to bed at 9:00 pm. Yes, Cuinn and I are 95 years old.

18. Our morning routine. I drop Cuinn of at work, we have a quick prayer in the car, he gives me a kiss and then Aislynn waits patiently for him to open her door for a big smooch and a "love you". It's just a small little routine, but I love it.

19. Veggietales. I used to watch them on sick days when I was younger, and now Aislynn loves them too.

20. Candy Cane Ho Cho. It's baaaaack!!!!




Also, feel free to start following me on Istagram. Sarah_pants. You can see all the hilarious antics I get up to. 


linking up with Jade!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture of Aislynn wearing her daddy's sweater is priceless! What a lucky little girl :) Also, the nights that I've gone to bed by 9 have been some of the greatest nights of my life. It's like you want to wake up and shout to the world about the AMAZING sleep you just had! LOL
Thanks for linking up, I love reading your posts every week, especially when I notice that you have grumpy weeks too...just like me :D