I am feeling so full of thankful-ness right now, that I have been
impatiently for Thursday to write this post. So here it goes!
I am thankful for...
1. Although we were out of power for a couple hours the other night, I am so thankful that we are all safe from the most recent disaster to hit our little world. I have friends south of the border who are not fairing as well and I have been reminded of how much we have to be thankful for. A couple hours in darkness with my hubby? I can deal.
2. Getting to hear the babies heart beat yesterday. I'm not posting what it was because people are already "telling" Cuinn and I what we're having and I really do want it to be a surprise this time. I'm thankful that it has a strong, steady heartbeat though.
3. Aislynn sporadically hugging my middle and saying, "hi baby!" and then kissing my belly. How does she know?
4. How kind all the people were giving candy out this Hallowe'en. Aislynn was so sweet about saying hello and please and thank you. We didn't meet ANY crabby people. It was such a special night.
5. Our friend Bekka. Yep, I put her whole name on the blog, not just a letter. That is how thankful for her I am. She has been watching Aislynn every Tuesday so Cuinn and I can go to our marriage course, she picked Aislynn up from daycare yesterday so we could get to our midwife appointment, she just loves our kid and us so much. And we love her and think she's pretty special too.
6. Our other friend, Jenn. Again, no initials here lady. She is watching Aislynn tonight so we can get to Bible study. (by the way, when the heck did we get so busy?!?) She also is one of those friends who comes over to check on you when you don't answer the phone. We are so blessed by her and her husband.
7. Cuinn and I are doing a Marriage Course every Tuesday evening for 7 weeks. We've only done 2, and we have already gotten so much out of it. I'm so glad we were able to go to it this time.
8. We were also invited into a small group Bible study every other Thursday evening. We went to the fellowship night two Thursdays ago and tonight is our first study. We're looking forward to looking into the Word and getting to know a few more families from our church.
9. Aislynn's favorite foods are apples, pears, yogurt and pasta. Aside from the pasta, I'm pretty happy that her favorites are healthy. I recently had a mum complain to me that all their kid wants to eat is chocolate. I'm so thankful that, right now, Aislynn's obsessions are healthy. I don't feel as guilty giving in to the cravings when she's asking for, "Appey mummy!"
10. Free coffee at McDonalds right now. I don't drink the yucky stuff, but I love being able to bring Cuinn a treat to work. I love it even more when I don't have to pay for it.
11. It's November. That means Christmas music! It also means, only 30 days until I am allowed to decorate for Christmas!!!!
12. Also, this November is a 3 pay check month. Which will be helpful with Christmas around the corner. Plus, there are some bills that are needing to be paid. That "extra" pay this month will be welcome.
13. Right this moment I am thankful for feeling ok. Those moments between the feeling sick are so awesome. I will never take feeling good for granted again. Well, until the next time I'm feeling good that is.
14. We just found out my cousin and her boyfriend are coming to visit us next year. Yay!!
15. Cuinn found our camera!!! Which means more pictures of the things we do together that aren't just from our iphones which means I can leave my iphone at home more!!
16. Asking Aislynn, "Did you poo?" and getting 1 of 3 responses. "No mumma, I tooted." or "Yep, I poo" and finally, "Nah, I pee!!" It's hilarious.
17. How super smooth the transition from crib to big girl bed was and is. I still can't believe how much she loves it. All we need to say is, "OK Aislynn, into bed!" and she goes and crawls into bed and pulls the covers over her then waits for a cuddle. I am so that proud mum who has to talk about it all the time. But trying to not be that mum who brags about it. It's a tricky balance.
18. Having 17 kids in nursery on Sunday. SEVENTEEN!!!!
19. Clean underwear. I am always thankful for having just done laundry and having clean underwear. It's the little things.
20. Aislynn getting so much candy from trick or treating, and that she has to share with her mum and dad. And by share I mean she really only gets the suckers. Sorry kid. You're way too little to be eating all that candy, let mummy and daddy help you with that...
Linking up with Jade! Head on over!!