My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Thursday 18 October 2012

A Thankful Thursday...

I feel like I've been doing a lot of list blogs lately.

I don't have anything to say about that, I just realized it. That's all.

What up Thursday?

This Thankful Thursday I'm doing something a little different. I'm still going to tell you what I'm thankful for, but it's going to be more geared to a specific thing that I'm thankful for. To be more clear, this is a list of 20 reasons why I'm thankful I'm a grown up. 

Because although it sucks a lot, sometimes it's awesome...

1. I get to be in complete control of my bathroom stuff. If I need to pee, I just go to the bathroom. I don't have to ask anyone. Ever. Suck on that 4th period English grade 12. I always had to pee, and my teacher would always say, "This is your last class of the day, can't you wait until school's done?" NO, I CAN NOT. I HAVE A TINY BLADDER, WOMAN!

2. When I'm in a crappy mood, no one tells me to "get control of that attitude young lady. It is not appreciated." If I'm in a bad mood, I'ma embrace it and stomp and slam doors all I want.

3. I can go on my cell phone whenever I want without someone making me give it to them until the end of the day. That would be stealing. Ain't nobody gunna be touching mah stuff!

4. I don't have to ask to borrow the car. Because it's MY CAR.

5. I don't have a bed time. I go to sleep whenever I feel like it.

6. I get to choose what's for dinner. Don't feel like chicken and broccoli? Fine, let's have pizza instead.

7. When  get groceries, I get what I want. If I decide that Fruit Loops is an appropriate cereal choice then I'm gonna get me some Fruit Loops. And nobody's going to stop me! (well...Cuinn might, but he's not the boss of me!)

8. When I tell people that Cuinn is my soul mate and the one, they don't look at me in amusement, they look at me like I'm so lucky to have found him. 

9. I buy my own clothing, which means I don't have to justify it. (Although, I do have better taste in clothing than 16 year old me did)

10. I don't have to hold anyones hand when crossing the street. I do that all by myself.

11. Nobody rats me out to my mum if I screw up. 

12. I don't have homework. But if I do have a project due, I don't have parents saying, "Have you started your project yet? When are you going to finish your project? Why aren't you working on your project?"

13. I don't have a curfew. If I wanna stay out all night, nobody's gonna stop me. (Well...Cuinn might.)

14. If I wanna make out with Cuinn on the couch, nobody will be coming home and making us stop. We can make out on the couch for hours if we wanted too!

15. This pregnancy might be a surprise, but since I'm all growed up and married and responsible (or whatever), I don't have to drop out of school and go away to "visit a relative" for a few months. A surprise when you are 25 is much more acceptable than it would be if I was 10 years younger.

16. If I think it's cookie time. It's cookie time.

17. I get to have a sleepover every single night with my best friend. Yeah, that's pretty awesome.

18. If I feel like turning the heat up, I can. Without having someone tell me, "Just put a sweater on."

19. Speaking of sweaters. No one tells me to put on a coat before I head out the door. 

20. I get to watch whatever I want on tv. Well, as long as Aislynn is in bed. 


So, even if being an adult is kind of a drag, what with paying the bills, not being nearly as skinny as I was when I was 16, and having to be "grown up", sometimes it's really awesome.


Linking up with Jade, as per my Thursday usual!

4 comments:

Krysta said...

I like it! I feel like I should join in more of these listy things, since my blog is getting to be pretty repetitive. Haha.

Emily said...

Great list!

Just Another Mummy Blog said...

I love your blog! But you are more than welcome to join in on the fun! I love doing these lists

Just Another Mummy Blog said...

Thanks Emily!