It's been a while, but I kinda feel like a great place to make a comeback is to be thankful for all I've been blessed with. I'm not sure if Jade will be doing a link up, but I'm sending you all over there anyway, because her blog rocks. So there ya go.
I'm thankful for...
1. The surprise God has given us. A new little life is forming in my womb, and I am so excited to meet this new little person.
2. That the naseau is easing up a bit. I'm still not back to 100%, but I'm feeling better. I don't think I'll be back to 100% at all this time 'round, but it's all worth it in the end.
3. Our friends J and S who had my brother, Cuinn, Aislynn and I over for Thanksgiving dinner. I got to eat a fantastic turkey dinner, without having to cook it! Just had to make a couple of pies. Totally worth it.
4. Fall is here!!!! Oh yay.
5. Our new pastor is on his way soon! Cuinn and I got to hear him speak for the first time on Sunday. He's back in England again, but he and his family will be here next month. Our church hasn't had a leader for the whole time we've been there, and although we feel like we've found a church home, it felt even more so getting to hear our new pastor. We are thrilled with where our new leader will take us.
6. IKEA shopping trips with the husband and my friend. We got Aislynn a big girl bed and when we got home Cuinn put it together right away. Which brings me to...
7. ...Aislynn sleeping in her big girl bed THE WHOLE NIGHT BY HERSELF!!! We'll see how the rest of the nights go, but last night (her first night) I cuddled her in her big girl bed, and she fell asleep within 20 minutes. Cuinn heard a thunk at about midnight and went to put a pouting Aislynn back into her bed and she fell right back to sleep. My baby is growing up!
8. J and J who are letting us store our crib at their place until we need it again. Which won't be for a while and hopefully we'll be in a bigger place.
9. Getting back to singing. That's all I'm saying for now. Because I'm very nervous. And I don't want to talk about it. But I am very thankful for the opportunity.
10. Cuinn and I having 8 date nights coming up in the next few weeks. We're going to a marriage course that is offered at our church once a year. It's an 8 week course, and we keep being told it's like a date night for 8 weeks. Looking forward to that.
11. Aislynn has been communicating with us a lot more. Lots more words, sentences, it's been an adventure. She's still pretty quiet around other kids and adults, but R, our daycare provider, mentioned that she was becoming more chatty at daycare. So that's a step in the right direction.
12. The bakery here in our tiny town. I wanted some cookies, so Cuinn took me to the bakery, but they had closed early. I was so disappointed, so I commented on her Facebook page. Not in a snarky way, just asking what her hours were. She emailed me right away and told me she had sold out of everything so she closed up early, THEN she told me that since I missed out, she would give me half a dozen cookies on the house! So tomorrow, I get some free cookies! I am always impressed by excellent customer service.
13. Walks with some lovely friends. This is happening twice a week, sometimes more, and I'm loving the fresh air, the exercise, the company, the changing leaves. It's all wonderful.
14. Taco's for dinner. Yum.
15. Getting a Costco membership. You have no idea how excited I am for this. Probably more than the normal person.
16. Clean clothes. Always appreciated.
17. When Cuinn does the dishes. I love a clean kitchen. Which I usually just mess up again anyway, but it's nice to have it clean for a little while anyway.
18. Warm, relaxing baths. Usually this is not something I am thankful for. I don't enjoy just laying in a tub, but while pregnant, tubby time is my favorite time. Plus, Cuinn always draws the bath for me, so it's an extra special treat.
19. My friend C just got home from vacation our east, her family is very special to ours. One of the reasons is because she is so thoughtful. Her daughter brought Aislynn home a necklace from her vacation and she brought ME home some peppermint salt water taffy. Oh. My. Word. Pretty sure I'll finish the bag in my tub tonight...
20. The fact that Aislynn and I can cuddle and watch a movie now. She's at the age where she likes to pick a movie and then cuddle on the couch with me and watch it. So sweet.
So, that's my weekly list. Head over to Jade's and see if she's doing a list too.