My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Tuesday 3 January 2012

A Tuesday Ten Link Up Party

I don't actually think Miss Mommy is doing this anymore...

She hasn't done one in, like, 2 weeks...

Whateves. I'm still in. And if you all wanna link up with me, have at it. I have no idea what that entails though, so how 'bout just make a list, then tell everyone to come to my list and in my comment section post a link to yours? Work for you? Awesome.

This weeks list is all about my trip! Enjoy, my darling readers.

10 Things I Am So Looking Forward To:


1. Seeing my parents again. This should be an obvious one. My mum and I have one of those mother/daughter relationships that you hear about but rarely see. My mum is so awesome. We are very alike, and we have a lotta fun together. She's my best friend, I have missed her so much. My dad and I are very close too. Even though I am so much like my mum, I am a lot like my dad in different ways. We are both very content to just sit in silence, reading. That is true bonding time with my dad. I can not wait to see my mum and dad again!

2. Seeing my grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins again. I haven't seen most of that part of my family since my wedding in 2009, I haven't seen my mum's mum since 2005.  None of them have met Aislynn. I am so incredibly excited for my extended family to meet my awesome daughter. I'm sure they're going to fall in love with her. I am a little disappointed that they don't get to see Cuinn, especially since my granny has never met Cuinn, and I'm not sure when they will ever meet. She wasn't able to come over for the wedding, and I really don't know if and when Cuinn and I will get over to Scotland again. I'm not going to focus on that part. I'm focusing on the positives baby!

3. Cirque Du Soleil! I have almost seen Cirque 3 different times! Each time I have planned to go, something has come up and I wasn't able to go. This time though, there is NOTHING that will stand in my way. I am GOING and you can't stop me!

4. Our bus tour of London. It's going to include the Parliament building, London Eye, Big Ben, and I'm sure more awesome touristy sights. It's going to be a fun day for sure.

5. Meeting all of my parents' new friends. My mum has talked about all these interesting people, and told me stories and it will be great to be able to put names to faces.

6. Travelling with Cuinn. Cuinn has barely been anywhere, so I am so excited that he is getting this opportunity to travel somewhere. Plus, who doesn't like to travel with their best friend? I think I might be more excited about Cuinn travelling than myself travelling. I've been to Scotland and England, Cuinn hasn't. I'm so excited for him!

7. UK Chocolate and candy. Seriously. Once you've had real chocolate, all the crap you buy in Canada will just never taste as good again.

8. Landing. After 7ish hours on a plane with my darling baby, it's gonna be so fantastic to be on the ground again. I do not like flying at the best of times, but by myself with a 10 month old? Oy vey...

9. A vacation with Cuinn. We haven't had a vacation in...umm...probably since our honeymoon? It;s going to feel so good to just relax and not have to do anything but just be. Cuinn works so hard for us, I am so looking forward to just being a relaxed family. We might not even come back. Just kidding.

10. Fish and chips. Real, honest to goodness, English fish 'n' chips in a newspaper. Oh man, I can feel my hips getting bigger, and I'm so not going to care.

So, come on, show me your Tuesday Ten!!!

1 comment:

Krysta said...

I was never a big fan of the chocolate in UK, oddly enough... Switzerland on the other hand... that stuff is like edible happiness.