My Inspiration

My Inspiration

Thursday 7 July 2011

Yay blogging!!


Here are the rules:
Copy the award image into a post.

List 10 things that make you happy.
Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
Put in a link to their blogs.
Notify the award receivers.
Recipients should link back to the sender’s blog.


My 10 happy things:

My Faith
Cuinn
Aislynn
Laughing with friends
Dancing in the rain
My mom's cookin'
Cuddles on a snowy day
Meeting new people
Reading
Music
                                                                                                   
    10 Bloggers Who Brighten My Day (in no particular order…):
    Krysta - She's a friend of mine who shares my love of food. Especially Taco Tuesday. She was recently a flight attendant for an elite airline. So for the last year and a bit she's been blogging about her travels, she just got engaged, and is now living in the same city as her fiancee. I think she's pretty awesome and I think you'll all like her too! She's a very happy person.


    Allison - She's a wonderful cook, blogger, wife, SA pastor and lady. I've never actually met her but I've known her husband for about 11 years. Although I was closer (in age and relationship) to his younger brother. I don't know how to comment on her blog, so I'm hoping she see's this and doesn't think I'm a stalker now that I've explained how I know her. Ha ha. (By the way, Allison, my married name was Bain. I don't think Peter knew I got married and changed my name.) Anyway, if you like yummy looking (and tasting) food, and some fun ideas, you'll like her blog.

    Tammy - She's another one of those crazy SA folk. She took over the corps from my parents and invited me and my husband (who was my boyfriend then) over to check out my old digs. Wow was that strange. (Being in my home when it was someone else's. Not the fact that she invited me over.) She's a mommy, a wife, a crafter, a blogger and a pretty neat lady. I always love reading her blogs, they make me laugh. She's actually moving this summer so I'm hoping we can maybe connect. Anyway, go read her blog. She's pretty cool.

    Tatortots and Jello - I don't know if this counts because I don't actually know who does this blog. But I follow it, I love it, and it gets my creative juices flowing. A lot of other blogger type people occasionally post on it so I have found a couple other bloggers who I kind of love. Anyway. If you are creative and looking for a little bit of inspiration, go on over and check it out. (be warned, it's a lot more aimed at mommies. What? I'm a mummy now, it's my life.) 

    Apartment Therapy - This is another one I'm not sure that counts, but it's one of my favorites and it had to be included. Since I live in a rinky dink apartment, I have limited choices for home decor. Or do I? This blog has helped me learn to love what space I've got. 

    Nike - Pronounces "Nee Ka", she's made this blog all about her "rock-what-ya-got" philosophy and I think she does it in a pretty classy way. I love her What Not To Toss special posts. She's a stay at home mom of 6 kids! All under the age of ten! I get a lot of inspiration on how to do awesome things, while spending (or not spending) minimal amounts of cashola. 

    Karly - This girl just makes me laugh. She is so full of life and energy and love for her new husband. She loves to entertain and love to blog about it. I think she's going places. I don't actually know her, but I would like to. She's the kind of person with an infectious smile and she seems like one of those girls you just wanna hug.

    Sarah - I'm not going to post the link to her blog because I remember her saying it was a private blog and I don't want her to be mad at me if I post a link. She's a new(ish) friend. We don't actually see each other all too often, I used to go to the same church as some of her family and that's how we met. She's a really wonderful, down to earth kinda lady. Truth be told, when I think about how to be a good mum/christian/woman, she's right up there on my list of who I look up to. I think she's pretty awesome. She's got two very adorable kids, her oldest is the kind of kid who smiles with their entire body, and her youngest is just so huggable. Anyway, I'm hoping she knows that I'm talking about her.

    Jill - Who says food can't be for playing with? She blogs about kitchen fun with her three sons. They make some pretty awesome food, and it's pretty nutritious as well. Pretty sneaky way to get your kids to eat veggies. I can't wait until my beautiful baby girl is old enough to play in the kitchen with me so I can try out some creations of Jill's and also make my own. 

    Sarah - This is the woman who introduced me to attachment parenting. Well, the term anyway, since I was already doing it before I knew of it. I agree with a lot of her parenting styles and it's so nice to read another mummy's blog who is doing a lot of the same things I'm doing. Gives me a little hope that maybe I'm doing a few things right. 


    7 comments:

    Karly Barker said...

    Wow! Thanks for the shout out. And how fun to follow your blog! Your little one is adorable... and so are you! I am excited to have you as a new blogging friend. PLEASE stay in touch.

    Nike@ChooseToThrive said...

    Thank you so much for the shout out--your write up on THRIVE was so kind! I'm so glad to have "met" another blog momma whose trying to figure out the whole mom-person-wife-blogger thing. Hope to see you again soon in Blogland! (And your baby is so cute--love the sweet little "oh" face.)

    pippasmum said...

    Thanks, Sarah. I guess it's o.k. to post the link - I have decided that I can "come out" in blog land. I don't think I have said anything that will get me in trouble. I really appreciate the "shout out" - you felt like a kindred spirit from day 1 and the way that you love your daughter and the things that are important to you make me so impressed that you are so wise so young. How'd you get to be so smart?
    Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. Your praise means a lot. And it's cool to be included in such a great list!

    Just Another Mummy Blog said...

    Karly, Yeah, we like her. :) Thanks for following me, no problem for the shout out! Hope you get a few more followers because of it.

    Nike, I've really enjoyed following your home make-over story! You've given me so many awesome ideas! Also, my baby girl makes this face ALL THE TIME! I love it too :)

    Sarah, thanks for letting me post the link and for your words! I've really enjoyed getting to know you better! :)

    Sarah Bessey said...

    What kindness! Thank you so much. It's always nice to find a new member of your "tribe' isn't it? Blessings!

    Alison said...

    Thanks for the shout-out!!! And don't worry, I don't think youre a stalker! :)

    Just Another Mummy Blog said...

    I'm so glad! I don't know how to "officially" follow your blog, but it's been bookmarked on my computer and I've been enjoying it for a while now. I've even tried a few of your recipes and they've turned out! Always a plus!